I’m always in search of a good piece of Red, White & Blue flair to show off my American pride- especially on the 4th of July! Nothing caught my eye this year so in true Sharpie fashion, I took it upon myself to DIY the colors of the flag…
In just about 5 minutes, you too can sport team USA and be the envy of all your friends! All you will need to make these American flag Sharpie shades is:
- 1 White pair of sunglasses
- 1 Blue Sharpie paint marker
- 1 Red Sharpie paint marker
- Cotton swab
- Rubbing Alcohol
- Start out by drawing an outline of half of a blue box on the left eye with a blue Sharpie paint marker. Color in the “L” shape you’ve made while drawing star outlines as you go.
- Next, draw red stripes with a red Sharpie paint marker across the remaining area. If you are worried about drawing straight lines, just do as I did and cut thin strips of tape to lay across the rim. This will also ensure that the white stripes are even with the red.
- Lastly, (this may not apply to everyone) if you smeared any red or blue marker onto the white space use a cotton swab to wipe of access ink. Wet one side with Rubbing Alcohol then wipe off the paint, then dry that spot off with the other end of the cotton swab.
TAH-DAH! You’re finished! Now you are set to look Sharp(ie) & celebrate the holiday weekend with family, friends & fireworks!