We recently asked fans of Sharpie to send in random acts of self-expression to @SharpieSusan on Twitter for the chance to win a Sharpie prize back! Well, you’ve tweeted your “Random Acts” and after an overwhelming response of creativity, awkward gestures, hilarity, art, talent, flexibility and then some, I am happy to announce the winners of Sharpie’s “Random Act of Self-Expression” contest. This was such a fun contest for us to judge as we watched the self-expression pour in, so thank you for participating and sharing a little piece of yourselves with us! Now enough jibber-jabber, let’s get to what you came for….
The winners of the “Random Acts of Self-Expression” contest:
Congrats to the winners!
If you are listed above to claim your Sharpie prize pack please email me at Whitney.Kelly@Sanford.com with your name and shipping address and your prize will be sent out in no time!
Beginning Wednesday, May 26th through Tuesday, June 1st create a random act of self-expression, take a picture of it and send it to @SharpieSusan on Twitter for a chance to win a Sharpie Prize Pack! We will award the top 21 pictures entered with Sharpie Prize Packs loaded with Sharpie products! The winning pictures will be based on creativity and originality, so be sure to enter only your BEST acts of self-expression!
What is a Random Act of Self-Expression?It’s everything and anything that you find to be the best portrayal of personality! Of course we love our products, but self-expression is not necessarily always done with a Sharpie marker… it’s found everywhere and in practically every thing! Whether that be in a note you wrote on your mirror, a funny facial expression or how you positioned a manikin in a window, maybe it’s the bumper sticker on your car or your funky hairstyle, there is personality and expression everywhere - Now it’s up to you to show it off! Send in pictures of your best random act of self-expression to @SharpieSusan for your chance to win some Sharpie swag. Winners will be announced on Tuesday, June 1st.
Why are we asking for your Random Acts of Self-Expression? The newest Sharpie TV ad encourages people to boldly showcase their individuality, express their creativity and boast their true colors on everything and in all forms. From skateboards and stadium posters to motorcycle helmets and billboards, we at Sharpie are encouraging you to show off your best self in every situation and on every canvas. Watch the TV ad to get a better idea of self-expression:
A Few Examples of Random Acts of Self-Expression:Here’s a look at some examples we’ve pulled together to get your wheels spinning. Remember to have fun with this, create random acts of self-expression and show us who you are.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCE OF WINNING.
THE FOLLOWING PROMOTION IS open ONLY to individuals 18 YEARS OF age OR OLDER who are legal residents of THE 50 UNITED STATES OR DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA (“D.C.”) AND WHO FOLLOW “SHARPIESUSAN” ON TWITTER (@SHARPIESUSAN). you must have internet access and a valid email address at time of entry and through completion of this Promotion (including prize awarding period). YOU MUST ENTER THIS PROMOTION FROM A LOCATION WITHIN THE UNITED STATES. VOID OUTSIDE THE UNITED STATES/D.C. AND WHEREVER PROHIBITED. THIS PROMOTION WILL BE CONSTRUED AND EVALUATED ACCORDING TO U.S. LAW.
1. PROMOTION PERIOD: The Sharpie® Random Acts of Self Expression Promotion (the “Promotion”) beings at 12:00:01 a.m. Central Time (“CT”) on May 26, 2010 and ends at 11:59:59 p.m. CT on June 1, 2010 (the “Promotion Period”).
2. ELIGIBILITY:Open to legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia, who as of the date of entry are 18 years of age or older, and who at the time of entry and through the completion of the Promotion (a) are a follower of sharpiesusan on Twitter (@sharpiesusan), (b) have internet access and (c) have an email address (which must remain the same throughout the Promotion). Employees of Newell Rubbermaid Office Products, its affiliates, parents, subsidiaries, divisions, suppliers, distributors and advertising, promotional and judging agencies, and such employees’ immediate family members (defined as parents, spouses, children and siblings, whether biological, adoptive, step or in-law) and/or those living in the same household of each (whether related or not) are not eligible to participate or win. Entrants who are not the age of majority in the state of residence must have permission from their parent or legal guardian (who must agree to all terms set forth in these official rules) prior to entry.
3. HOW TO ENTER:During the Promotion Period, “Tweet” a link to a picture showing your random act of self expression and include “@sharpiesusan” in your message.
You may enter as often as you like, but each picture you enter must be different. Limit one prize per person, email address and Twitter account. Entries become the property of Newell Rubbermaid Office Products (“Sponsor”) and will not be acknowledged or returned. Proof of submission is not proof of receipt by Sponsor. Entries made through any robotic, automatic, mechanical, programmed or similar method are ineligible and will be disqualified. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any individual and all entries using such method. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of a person submitting an entry, such entry will be deemed made by the authorized account holder of the Twitter account associated with the entry. Any entries not in conformance with these Official Rules or with the policies posted in connection with http://blog.sharpie.com (the “Sharpie Blog”) will be disqualified. In the event the judges are unable to access the link to the picture, the entry will be disqualified.
4. REQUIREMENTS FOR PICTURES:The picture you “Tweet” (the “picture”) must show a random act of self expression that you created. Picture, and anything contained in the picture, must be entrant’s own original creation, executed solely by entrant, and may not have won any other award or have been entered in any other competition. Pictures may not have been published previously. Modifying, enhancing, or altering a third party’s work does not qualify as entrant’s original creation. Entry must be in keeping with Sponsor’s image or desired image, and may not contain obscene, lewd, unlawful or inappropriate images or text (as determined in Sponsor’s sole discretion). Entries may not contain any nudity, acts of violence or acts that incite violence, or acts that appear to cause harm, all as determined in Sponsor’s sole discretion. Entries may not defame or invade the publicity or privacy rights of any person, living or dead, or otherwise infringe upon any person’s personal or proprietary rights, including but not limited to intellectual property rights. If any people appear in your picture, they must be the legal age of majority in their state of residence, and you must have their permission to appear in the picture and to submit the picture in connection with this Promotion (including all uses which may be made of the picture once submitted in this Promotion). Any picture which in the judges opinion appears to include a minor may be automatically disqualified. Any picture that includes elements not owned by entrant (such as, but not limited to, company names, trademarks, third party art or other copyrighted elements) may be disqualified, at the sole discretion of the judges.
5. JUDGING: All eligible entries will be judged by members of Sponsor’s social media team based on the following criteria (each given equal weight): creativity and originality. In the event of a tie, the tie will be broken based on the higher rank in the creativity category. The top twenty-one (21) scoring entries will be deemed Winners.
6. GRANT OF RIGHTS: By submitting a picture in this Promotion, entrant grants Sponsor the right to use, publish, adapt, assign, sell, license, edit, dispose of and/or modify such picture in any way, in commerce or not, and in any and all media worldwide, without limitation or compensation to the entrant or any other party. Entrant may be required to sign a release to that effect upon request by Sponsor. Sponsor may post some or all of the picture entries at http://blog.sharpie.com (the “Sharpie Blog”) or on any other websites operated by Sponsor, in Sponsor’s sole discretion.
7.PRIZES/APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUES:Each of the twenty-one (21) verified Winners will receive an assortment of Sharpie® products with an approximate retail value (“ARV”) of $25. Total ARV for all prizes is $625.00.
8. PRIZE NOTIFICATION/WINNER VERIFICATION: The potential winners will be notified by direct message to their Twitter account, and must reply to Sponsor in the manner indicated within three (3) days with their full name and mailing address to which their prize can be mailed. Failure to respond as indicated within three (3) days of notice or attempted notice will result if disqualification and an alternate potential winner will be selected and notified.
Prizes are non-transferable except as provided herein or at the discretion of the Sponsor. No prize substitutions or cash redemptions, except Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value if for any reason an advertised prize cannot be awarded as intended in these rules; and potential winners agree to such substitution as a condition of entry in this Promotion. Limit one prize per household.Winners are responsible for payment of any income taxes on prizes under applicable federal, state and local laws.
If any prize notification or prize is returned as undeliverable, or if winner fails to provide the response requested with the prescribed time period as set forth in notification email, the corresponding prize will be forfeited and awarded to an alternate winner, time permitting. All prizes properly claimed will be awarded. Unclaimed prizes may not be awarded. Sponsor’s decisions are final in all matters relating to this Promotion.
9. MISCELLANEOUS:Winners and all entrants, as a condition of entry into the Promotion, agree to defend, indemnify, release and hold harmless Sponsor, its parents, subsidiaries, affiliates and each of their respective officers, directors, shareholders, members, employees, agents, assigns, and all others associated with the development and execution of the Promotion (collectively the “Released Parties”) from and against any and all liability, claims or actions of any kind whatsoever for injuries, damages, claims, losses, actions, or damages to persons or property, whether actual, incidental or consequential, which may be sustained in connection with (a) submitting a picture/entry or otherwise participating in any aspect of the Promotion, (b) the receipt, possession, ownership or use/mis-use of prize awarded, (c) or any typographical or other error in these Official Rules or the announcement of offering of the prizes. By entering and/or accepting a prize, each entrant and/or winner consents to the use of his/her name, likeness, picture, quotes, contents of his/her posting(s), and/or identity by Sponsor for advertising and publicity purposes in commerce and in any and all media worldwide without limitation, with no additional compensation, except where prohibited by law. Released Parties are not responsible for and are hereby released from liability with respect to: (i) electronic transmissions/entries that are lost, late, stolen, incomplete, illegible, damaged, garbled, destroyed, misdirected, or not received by the Sponsor or its agents for any reason, (ii) any problems or technical malfunctions, errors, omissions, interruptions, deletions, defects, delays in operation or transmission, communication failures or human error that may occur in the transmission, receipt or processing of entries, or for destruction of or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries, (iii) failed or unavailable hardware, network, software or telephone, cable or satellite transmissions, damage to entrants’ or any person’s computer and/or its contents, or causes beyond Sponsor’s reasonable control that jeopardize the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Promotion or (iv) any entries submitted in a manner that is not expressly allowed under these Official Rules. All incomplete or non-conforming entries will be disqualified. Released Parties are further not responsible for and are hereby released from liability with respect to incorrect or inaccurate entry information whether caused by Internet users or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Promotion or by any technical or human error which may occur in the transmission, receipt or processing of the entries. For any reason, including if for any reason this Promotion is not capable of running as planned, or if this Promotion or any web site or technology associated therewith (or any portion thereof) becomes corrupted or does not allow the proper playing of the Promotion and processing of entries per these Official Rules, or if infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, actions by entrants, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes, in Sponsor’s sole opinion, corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this Promotion, Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual implicated in such action, and/or to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend this Promotion. In the event this Promotion is cancelled, Sponsor reserves the right (but not the obligation) to conduct a random drawing to award the prizes from among all eligible, non-suspect, entries received prior to the time of the action or event warranting such cancellation.
10. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE PROMOTION MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS, AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO DISQUALIFY ANY SUCH PERSON AND SEEK DAMAGES FROM HIM/HER TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
11.WINNERS LIST:For the names of the winners of any prizes over $25, please send a request that includes the name of this Promotion to Whitney.Kelly@Sanford.com
13. SPONSOR: Newell Rubbermaid Office Products, 2707 Butterfield Rd., Oak Brook, IL 60523.
Urbane Apartmentscelebrated the grand opening of their new Michigan location in a unique way. On October 22nd, owner Eric Brown hosted the Sharpie “Draw on the Walls” contest by opening up the space to the public and inviting 12 local artists to create innovative and eccentric designs on the walls of the building’s Co-Work space’s meeting rooms.
*The Co-Work space is designed for small to medium sized companies needing a trendy office space, as well as for Urbane residents’ use of office machines and desk space.
The winner of the Sharpie “Draw On the Walls” contest and $750 was Urbane resident, Ryan Gardner. I think that the best way to describe Gardner’s creation (this pun just happens to fit perfectly) would be this: Uncapping What’s Inside of an imaginative mind. Now, I know that you think I’m just plugging the Sharpie campaign, but seriously, look at the pics and tell me that’s not a pretty accurate description!
1st place Winner, Ryan Gardner
Gardner, Writing on the Walls with Sharpie!
Spotlight on the Winner!
With about 100 attendees, the event was a success. Taking place in the Co-Work space, the 12 artists drew live on the walls with an assortment of Sharpie markers. The outcomes are pretty amazing! (See pictures below.) I don’t know about you but I get nervous writing my name on a nametag with 1 person watching, let alone 99 people watching me draw on a wall –Talk about pressure. I have to give big props to the artists. Great work guys; you’ve made Sharpie proud!
In addition to live art, Urbane Apts. also provided drinks & appetizers, gave property tours, hosted a live raffle, all the while, moving to the beats of DJ Terry Hall, with photographer Rachel Wade capturing every Sharpie moment!
Here are some pics of the artists drawing at the Urbane Apt. event!