AHOY MATEY!!! Welcome to International Talk Like a Pirate Day; a day where we can threaten those around us with the plank, list swashbuckling as a favorite pastime and Johnny Depp is a celebrated international hero.
Aka, one of my favorite days of the year. So, whip out your stuffed parrot, brush up on your ”Pirate” vernacular with this handy translator, grab an orange Sharpie for that hit of vitamin C power (possibly a real orange if you’re planning on taking this seriously; scurvy is no laughing matter…) and this handy Sharpie treasure map.
Want your own?
1. Grab yer’ favorite map makin’ tools; Stained by Sharpie fabric markers and a handy bandana.
2. Scrounge up an image of a map from that new’fangled Google or make up your own.
3. Trace or sketch out your map with Stained by Sharpie or a barnacle.4.Protect your booty! Keep those good-for-nothin’ mongrels you call friends from stealing all your loot and booby-trap your hiding place!
Feel free to add your own dastardly examples of the ultimate Pirate revenge, buried treasure, ship etiquette or the most effective way to avoid a Kraken in the comments section.
X marks the spot ya’swashbucklin’ fools!
Just like you, the creative minds behind Sharpie are movers and shakers, always seeking to express themselves in new & creative ways. Today, extending the possibilities even further, Sharpie encourages you to evoke self-expression & let your imaginations run wild with the NEW! Stained by Sharpie fabric markers!
Think For Yourself. Ink For Yourself.
The NEW Stained by Sharpie marker line brings new life to fabric markers! Boasting a versatile brush tip, a new fade-resistant ink developed for optimal performance on most fabric surfaces and 8 bright, bold colors perfect for staining your stuff, the Stained by Sharpie marker is perfect for inking creatively on most all of your fabric surfaces.
Like all of our Sharpie products, Stained by Sharpie packs a color punch that can turn white into bright with just the brush of a marker. Need some ideas? Our new fabric markers are great for dreaming big on denim, adding pep to the step of your sneakers & tired tees, fancifying furniture, embellishing backpacks, purses and more!
Each pack of Stained by Sharpie markers comes equipped with a brief lesson on “Stained 101.” Here’s a rundown of some things you’ll learn for the guide:
- Ignore design rules you’ve had before and ink freely - Stain the way YOU want.
- Mistake? What mistake?! Throw some layers over it and no one will know the difference.
- Drawing people is hard! When in doubt – stick it out. Stick people are people too!
- Anything you can imagine can be drawn. Break it down shape-by-shape.
- Experiment with lettering – graffiti, bubble, script and more!
- With over 600 bazillion things in the world inspiration is everywhere!
- Care for your markers like you’d care for anything you love. Store them horizontally and with the cap on to keep that relationship alive and well.
Also available is the New Stained by Sharpie Drawstring Bag!
Offering the perfect surface to ink for yourself, this drawstring bag instantly becomes your own with the brush of a marker. Get creative and transform this blank canvas into your own personal billboard! (Here’s an example of the drawstring bag that we stained.) The drawstring bag is sold blank, plain white ready for you to customize with your own attitude and design, along with a set of Stained by Sharpie fabric markers and the “101 guide.”
Drop by Sharpie.com to learn more about Stained by Sharpie markers and get your set today!