This week Sharpie Canada launched its second annual Remix Project where it challenges Canadian fans to start something with Sharpie for a chance to win a trip to see any band anywhere in the world! This year our favorite Northern neighbors have from April 22nd to September 15th to submit their Sharpie creations through partnerships with MUCH MUSIC in English-speaking Canada www.muchmusic.com/sharpieremix and MUSIQUE PLUS for French-speaking Canada www.musiqueplus.com/sharpieremix.
The Remix project is so huge that it will be split up into THREE phases with THREE different themes! Kicking it off will (of course) be “Music” and we can’t wait to see what our fans create inspired by all the different music that people love! The Sharpie Canada team will be announcing the other two themes throughout the summer so keep your eyes peeled!
AND just to keep it interesting, each phase will have a randomly chosen cash prize of $2,500 for anyone that submits a Remix (WHAT?! Can you say CASH money, money?!?!). Oh, we don’t stop there, in addition each creation submitted will be entered for a chance to take home the whole enchilada, the kit-and-caboodle, the GRAND PRIZE EXTRAVAGANZA: A chance to see ANY band, ANYWHERE, which will be announced after the contest wraps in September.
Just in case you weren’t hanging on my every word last year, let me offer a little background on the Sharpie Remix: Sharpie Canada and Much Music launched the Remix Project last year on April 15th and for six short weeks had hundreds of Canadians show off their talents and creativity with a Sharpie products. They remixed everything from toilet bowls (yep. even the ‘ole porcelain throne wasn’t safe) to filing cabinets and reallllly stretched their Sharpie muscles. When it came time to pick a winner, the team had a tough job selecting the ULTIMATE Sharpie Remix but eventually no one could deny Amanda Gobin from Toronto who remixed her. entire. room. The room remix included it all; the bedding, walls, clothes, shoes, no space was left blank. As we understand it, she was not grounded. Major props to Mom and Dad Gobin, wouldn’t ya say?
NOW, Amanda had the hardest decision yet- she could choose ANY show, ANYwhere. ANYWHERE! Can you IMAGINE ( well, if you’re this year’s winner… YOU will!) Amanda ultimately decided on jetting down to see our favorite Aussie country singer Keith Urban in his old stomping grounds of Australia. UNFORTUNATELY this time the show couldn’t go on and due to unforeseen circumstances had to be cancelled BUT we take care of our winners! That lucky girl got the chance to stay and frolick outback style in Australia and then when she got back home was given tickets to a whole slew of shows that were taking place in her very own hometown, Toronto.
Where will our new 2013 Remix winner choose to go? It’s up to YOU! Check out the Remix project pages to view, vote or create yourself! Annnnnd remember, this one is only open to our Canadian fans… those guys get have all the fun(for now…) .
By now, it’s no secret that all of us at Sharpie love the guys from Threadless, but now we’ve got an obsession. Don’t worry, it’s not one of those creepy obsessions like you see in Lifetime movies, we just really like the designs made for the Underscored tees. #WIN!
I give these drawings two thumbs up, a triple high five, and an old fashioned a “Hip Hip Hooray!”
We all decorate our homes for the holidays, but what about that place where so many of us spend so much time - the office! We tend to keep the work place pretty plain, when in reality it is a great space to express the most wonderful time of the year!
This season, Sharpie challenges you to bring that holiday joy into your work place for the chance to win a $1000 office party and an assortment of Sharpie products!
December 2, 2010 through January 15, 2011 email a photo that clearly shows how you and your co-workers have brightened up your office for the holidays using Sharpie products along with a completed entry form (found below) to SharpieHoliday@gmail.com. The entries will be judged by a panel of Sharpie reps. at the Sharpie headquarters based evenly on three (3) criteria: Originality/Creativity, Holiday Spirit, and Quality. On February 1, 2011 we will announce the winners.
Grand Prize Winner:One Grand Prize winning business will receive a $1,000 Visa gift card to be used for an internal office party and $200 in Sharpie products. In addition, the person who submits the winning photo on behalf of their business will receive a $100 Visa gift card.
First Prize Winner:Five (5) First Prize winning businesses will each receive $200 in Sharpie products.
(Click the links below to download the entry form. If you have trouble viewing the PDF file, please try the Word format.)
Contest begins 12/2/10 and ends 1/15/11. Open to a legal Business registered and located in the 50 United States/DC. Void where prohibited.
Looking for inspiration to bring in some holiday cheer to your office? It’s as easy as seeking out items that could use a POP of color. Look for things that will brighten up your desk and bring a joy to your co-workers’ day.
Below are some small scale ideas to get you started but there are so many big ways to turn your office into a Winter Wonderland. For the winning entry, we are looking for something BIG, BRIGHT and COLORFUL! Show us what you got – Knock our ugly holiday socks off! After all, the Grand Prize is a pretty sweet deal!
Using your favorite Sharpie colors, turn a square pencil cup into a Nutcracker.
String a collection of Sharpie Mini markers & dangle them along your wall.
There is one glitch in the collegiate system… For most, college is pure joy – You’re on your own with this newfound independence, the rents can’t ask you where you’re going, who’s going to be there, or what time you’ll be home. You are at that stage of life when technically you’re an adult but somehow can get away with things that would neverfly in the real world! In college, you build lifelong friendships. You face your fears & take on challenges you never thought possible. You find out who you are and want to be. And let’s be honest, this is the only time in your life when it is socially acceptable and you are physically capable of going out 7 nights in a row and still be productive the next day! Bottom line, college is awesome.
BUT (there’s always a “but”) there is one downfall… Shelling out the cash for books! That’s at least twice a year when you are forced to pay +$600 for textbooks! It’s like a friend stabbing you in the front - You see it coming, you know it’s going to hurt and then AAHH! You’re hit! If only a saint could come down and lift this burden.
TOO BAD! (bursting your bubble) There is no saint! Fortunately, for you there IS Sharpie! Sharpie can’t magically make textbooks free or drop prices to $0.25 but we can offer something else… How about letting us pick up the tab next semester?
You heard right – Let Sharpie cover your textbook expenses! Currently on Facebook, we’re giving you the chance to have your textbooks PAID FOR next semester for you AND 2 friends in Sharpie’s Right to Highlight Sweepstakes! Imagine what you can do with all that extra cash!
Sharpie is giving you the chance to win free textbooks for a semester for you and two friends when you enter Sharpie’s Right to Highlight Sweepstakes. To enter, you must be an enrolled college student and “Like” Sharpie on Facebook. Next, complete and submit the entry form provided. After you’ve submitted, choose two other lucky undergrads to share this GRAND prize with!
Head over to Facebook for all the details & enter Sharpie’s Right to Highlight Sweepstakes for your chance to win!
We’re not done yet! In addition to the grand prize, we will also be giving away FREE weekly Sharpie Prize packs on Facebook! Once you enter you are instantly qualified to win so keep checking back with Sharpie’s Facebook page to see if you won! –Because who doesn’t love free swag!?
**Having trouble deciding on whom you should share the gift of free textbooks with? Here are 10 People to consider:
Your T.A. – Sucking up goes a looong way.
Bouncer/Doorman – Because you look so much cooler walking to the front of the line.
Wingman – He’s always got your back.
Your blackmailer – Maybe they’ll finally destroy the evidence!
Golf team captain - Cars may not be allowed on campus, but no one said anything about golf carts! Skip the hike & hitch a ride to class!
The cook at your dorm/fraternity or sorority/campus food court- They’ll pack you leftovers for the days when class runs long & the nights you work late.
The DJ – He’ll skip over the songs you hate!
That girl who never misses class…ever! - Hit the snooze too many times? Not to worry, she’s already made a copy of her super extensive notes.
Barista at the campus coffee shop – Waiting in line for coffee is never fun at 7AM.
Party Pics photographer - He’ll hit “delete” for the times when you’re not the most photogenic.
Beginning Wednesday, May 26th through Tuesday, June 1st create a random act of self-expression, take a picture of it and send it to @SharpieSusan on Twitter for a chance to win a Sharpie Prize Pack! We will award the top 21 pictures entered with Sharpie Prize Packs loaded with Sharpie products! The winning pictures will be based on creativity and originality, so be sure to enter only your BEST acts of self-expression!
What is a Random Act of Self-Expression?It’s everything and anything that you find to be the best portrayal of personality! Of course we love our products, but self-expression is not necessarily always done with a Sharpie marker… it’s found everywhere and in practically every thing! Whether that be in a note you wrote on your mirror, a funny facial expression or how you positioned a manikin in a window, maybe it’s the bumper sticker on your car or your funky hairstyle, there is personality and expression everywhere - Now it’s up to you to show it off! Send in pictures of your best random act of self-expression to @SharpieSusan for your chance to win some Sharpie swag. Winners will be announced on Tuesday, June 1st.
Why are we asking for your Random Acts of Self-Expression? The newest Sharpie TV ad encourages people to boldly showcase their individuality, express their creativity and boast their true colors on everything and in all forms. From skateboards and stadium posters to motorcycle helmets and billboards, we at Sharpie are encouraging you to show off your best self in every situation and on every canvas. Watch the TV ad to get a better idea of self-expression:
A Few Examples of Random Acts of Self-Expression:Here’s a look at some examples we’ve pulled together to get your wheels spinning. Remember to have fun with this, create random acts of self-expression and show us who you are.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCE OF WINNING.
THE FOLLOWING PROMOTION IS open ONLY to individuals 18 YEARS OF age OR OLDER who are legal residents of THE 50 UNITED STATES OR DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA (“D.C.”) AND WHO FOLLOW “SHARPIESUSAN” ON TWITTER (@SHARPIESUSAN). you must have internet access and a valid email address at time of entry and through completion of this Promotion (including prize awarding period). YOU MUST ENTER THIS PROMOTION FROM A LOCATION WITHIN THE UNITED STATES. VOID OUTSIDE THE UNITED STATES/D.C. AND WHEREVER PROHIBITED. THIS PROMOTION WILL BE CONSTRUED AND EVALUATED ACCORDING TO U.S. LAW.
1. PROMOTION PERIOD: The Sharpie® Random Acts of Self Expression Promotion (the “Promotion”) beings at 12:00:01 a.m. Central Time (“CT”) on May 26, 2010 and ends at 11:59:59 p.m. CT on June 1, 2010 (the “Promotion Period”).
2. ELIGIBILITY:Open to legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia, who as of the date of entry are 18 years of age or older, and who at the time of entry and through the completion of the Promotion (a) are a follower of sharpiesusan on Twitter (@sharpiesusan), (b) have internet access and (c) have an email address (which must remain the same throughout the Promotion). Employees of Newell Rubbermaid Office Products, its affiliates, parents, subsidiaries, divisions, suppliers, distributors and advertising, promotional and judging agencies, and such employees’ immediate family members (defined as parents, spouses, children and siblings, whether biological, adoptive, step or in-law) and/or those living in the same household of each (whether related or not) are not eligible to participate or win. Entrants who are not the age of majority in the state of residence must have permission from their parent or legal guardian (who must agree to all terms set forth in these official rules) prior to entry.
3. HOW TO ENTER:During the Promotion Period, “Tweet” a link to a picture showing your random act of self expression and include “@sharpiesusan” in your message.
You may enter as often as you like, but each picture you enter must be different. Limit one prize per person, email address and Twitter account. Entries become the property of Newell Rubbermaid Office Products (“Sponsor”) and will not be acknowledged or returned. Proof of submission is not proof of receipt by Sponsor. Entries made through any robotic, automatic, mechanical, programmed or similar method are ineligible and will be disqualified. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any individual and all entries using such method. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of a person submitting an entry, such entry will be deemed made by the authorized account holder of the Twitter account associated with the entry. Any entries not in conformance with these Official Rules or with the policies posted in connection with http://blog.sharpie.com (the “Sharpie Blog”) will be disqualified. In the event the judges are unable to access the link to the picture, the entry will be disqualified.
4. REQUIREMENTS FOR PICTURES:The picture you “Tweet” (the “picture”) must show a random act of self expression that you created. Picture, and anything contained in the picture, must be entrant’s own original creation, executed solely by entrant, and may not have won any other award or have been entered in any other competition. Pictures may not have been published previously. Modifying, enhancing, or altering a third party’s work does not qualify as entrant’s original creation. Entry must be in keeping with Sponsor’s image or desired image, and may not contain obscene, lewd, unlawful or inappropriate images or text (as determined in Sponsor’s sole discretion). Entries may not contain any nudity, acts of violence or acts that incite violence, or acts that appear to cause harm, all as determined in Sponsor’s sole discretion. Entries may not defame or invade the publicity or privacy rights of any person, living or dead, or otherwise infringe upon any person’s personal or proprietary rights, including but not limited to intellectual property rights. If any people appear in your picture, they must be the legal age of majority in their state of residence, and you must have their permission to appear in the picture and to submit the picture in connection with this Promotion (including all uses which may be made of the picture once submitted in this Promotion). Any picture which in the judges opinion appears to include a minor may be automatically disqualified. Any picture that includes elements not owned by entrant (such as, but not limited to, company names, trademarks, third party art or other copyrighted elements) may be disqualified, at the sole discretion of the judges.
5. JUDGING: All eligible entries will be judged by members of Sponsor’s social media team based on the following criteria (each given equal weight): creativity and originality. In the event of a tie, the tie will be broken based on the higher rank in the creativity category. The top twenty-one (21) scoring entries will be deemed Winners.
6. GRANT OF RIGHTS: By submitting a picture in this Promotion, entrant grants Sponsor the right to use, publish, adapt, assign, sell, license, edit, dispose of and/or modify such picture in any way, in commerce or not, and in any and all media worldwide, without limitation or compensation to the entrant or any other party. Entrant may be required to sign a release to that effect upon request by Sponsor. Sponsor may post some or all of the picture entries at http://blog.sharpie.com (the “Sharpie Blog”) or on any other websites operated by Sponsor, in Sponsor’s sole discretion.
7.PRIZES/APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUES:Each of the twenty-one (21) verified Winners will receive an assortment of Sharpie® products with an approximate retail value (“ARV”) of $25. Total ARV for all prizes is $625.00.
8. PRIZE NOTIFICATION/WINNER VERIFICATION: The potential winners will be notified by direct message to their Twitter account, and must reply to Sponsor in the manner indicated within three (3) days with their full name and mailing address to which their prize can be mailed. Failure to respond as indicated within three (3) days of notice or attempted notice will result if disqualification and an alternate potential winner will be selected and notified.
Prizes are non-transferable except as provided herein or at the discretion of the Sponsor. No prize substitutions or cash redemptions, except Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value if for any reason an advertised prize cannot be awarded as intended in these rules; and potential winners agree to such substitution as a condition of entry in this Promotion. Limit one prize per household.Winners are responsible for payment of any income taxes on prizes under applicable federal, state and local laws.
If any prize notification or prize is returned as undeliverable, or if winner fails to provide the response requested with the prescribed time period as set forth in notification email, the corresponding prize will be forfeited and awarded to an alternate winner, time permitting. All prizes properly claimed will be awarded. Unclaimed prizes may not be awarded. Sponsor’s decisions are final in all matters relating to this Promotion.
9. MISCELLANEOUS:Winners and all entrants, as a condition of entry into the Promotion, agree to defend, indemnify, release and hold harmless Sponsor, its parents, subsidiaries, affiliates and each of their respective officers, directors, shareholders, members, employees, agents, assigns, and all others associated with the development and execution of the Promotion (collectively the “Released Parties”) from and against any and all liability, claims or actions of any kind whatsoever for injuries, damages, claims, losses, actions, or damages to persons or property, whether actual, incidental or consequential, which may be sustained in connection with (a) submitting a picture/entry or otherwise participating in any aspect of the Promotion, (b) the receipt, possession, ownership or use/mis-use of prize awarded, (c) or any typographical or other error in these Official Rules or the announcement of offering of the prizes. By entering and/or accepting a prize, each entrant and/or winner consents to the use of his/her name, likeness, picture, quotes, contents of his/her posting(s), and/or identity by Sponsor for advertising and publicity purposes in commerce and in any and all media worldwide without limitation, with no additional compensation, except where prohibited by law. Released Parties are not responsible for and are hereby released from liability with respect to: (i) electronic transmissions/entries that are lost, late, stolen, incomplete, illegible, damaged, garbled, destroyed, misdirected, or not received by the Sponsor or its agents for any reason, (ii) any problems or technical malfunctions, errors, omissions, interruptions, deletions, defects, delays in operation or transmission, communication failures or human error that may occur in the transmission, receipt or processing of entries, or for destruction of or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries, (iii) failed or unavailable hardware, network, software or telephone, cable or satellite transmissions, damage to entrants’ or any person’s computer and/or its contents, or causes beyond Sponsor’s reasonable control that jeopardize the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Promotion or (iv) any entries submitted in a manner that is not expressly allowed under these Official Rules. All incomplete or non-conforming entries will be disqualified. Released Parties are further not responsible for and are hereby released from liability with respect to incorrect or inaccurate entry information whether caused by Internet users or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Promotion or by any technical or human error which may occur in the transmission, receipt or processing of the entries. For any reason, including if for any reason this Promotion is not capable of running as planned, or if this Promotion or any web site or technology associated therewith (or any portion thereof) becomes corrupted or does not allow the proper playing of the Promotion and processing of entries per these Official Rules, or if infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, actions by entrants, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes, in Sponsor’s sole opinion, corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this Promotion, Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual implicated in such action, and/or to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend this Promotion. In the event this Promotion is cancelled, Sponsor reserves the right (but not the obligation) to conduct a random drawing to award the prizes from among all eligible, non-suspect, entries received prior to the time of the action or event warranting such cancellation.
10. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE PROMOTION MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS, AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO DISQUALIFY ANY SUCH PERSON AND SEEK DAMAGES FROM HIM/HER TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
11.WINNERS LIST:For the names of the winners of any prizes over $25, please send a request that includes the name of this Promotion to Whitney.Kelly@Sanford.com
13. SPONSOR: Newell Rubbermaid Office Products, 2707 Butterfield Rd., Oak Brook, IL 60523.
Urbane Apartmentscelebrated the grand opening of their new Michigan location in a unique way. On October 22nd, owner Eric Brown hosted the Sharpie “Draw on the Walls” contest by opening up the space to the public and inviting 12 local artists to create innovative and eccentric designs on the walls of the building’s Co-Work space’s meeting rooms.
*The Co-Work space is designed for small to medium sized companies needing a trendy office space, as well as for Urbane residents’ use of office machines and desk space.
The winner of the Sharpie “Draw On the Walls” contest and $750 was Urbane resident, Ryan Gardner. I think that the best way to describe Gardner’s creation (this pun just happens to fit perfectly) would be this: Uncapping What’s Inside of an imaginative mind. Now, I know that you think I’m just plugging the Sharpie campaign, but seriously, look at the pics and tell me that’s not a pretty accurate description!
1st place Winner, Ryan Gardner
Gardner, Writing on the Walls with Sharpie!
Spotlight on the Winner!
With about 100 attendees, the event was a success. Taking place in the Co-Work space, the 12 artists drew live on the walls with an assortment of Sharpie markers. The outcomes are pretty amazing! (See pictures below.) I don’t know about you but I get nervous writing my name on a nametag with 1 person watching, let alone 99 people watching me draw on a wall –Talk about pressure. I have to give big props to the artists. Great work guys; you’ve made Sharpie proud!
In addition to live art, Urbane Apts. also provided drinks & appetizers, gave property tours, hosted a live raffle, all the while, moving to the beats of DJ Terry Hall, with photographer Rachel Wade capturing every Sharpie moment!
Here are some pics of the artists drawing at the Urbane Apt. event!